Crowd-related injuries are an increasing threat to to promotional events, especially during peak shopping periods like the holiday season. Other events such as product launches for sought after products are at risk, too. Employers are encouraged to implement health and safety protocols to prevent potential hazards during such events.
This whitepaper discusses how to manage crowd control during retail sales events by offering guidelines to follow, such as:
- Hiring trained security
- Creating a detailed staffing plan
- Providing adequate training for employees to manage the event
- Contacting local police and fire officials to ensure the event meets all public safety requirements
- Pre-event set up preparations, such as:
- Set up of barricades or rope lines for crowd management
- Using an internet lottery for "hot" items
- Tips during your sales event, such as:
- Staffing entrances with unformed guards
- Providing a safe entrance for those with disabilities and those pushing children in a stroller
Find Out More:
Download our "Crowd Control During Retail Sales Events" whitepaper to learn how to manage crowd control during retail sales events.