Understanding the complexities of intellectual property is vital for technology companies because a majority of their market position is based on innovations and expertise. Intellectual property refers to the intangible asses of a business, including patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets. These assets are often the most valuable and lease understood of a corporation.
This white paper helps understand the basics of copyrights, patents and trademarks and how they can affect your business by detailing:
- What is a patent?
- What does patent protection provide?
- What factors are considered when determining whether a patent has been infringed?
- What is a copyright?
- What can be protected by a copyright?
- What are my rights if someone infringes my copyright?
- What is a trademark?
- What does trademark protection provide?
- What is a trade secret?
- Are there applicable common laws?
Find Out More:
Download our "The Basics of Intellectual Property" white paper to better understand the basics of copyrights, patents, and trademarks and how to keep your business safe.