While food manufactures take every precaution to ensure product quality, recalls can still occur. Identifying best practices for a food recall plan implementation can prevent your company from dealing with class-action lawsuits.
This food recall guide will layout the following:
- The Recall Process:
- Food safety investigations.
- Health risk assessments.
- Recall methodology.
- Developing a Recall Plan:
- Recall management team
- Complaint file - investigation at the distribution center.
- CFIA notification.
- Tracing products.
- Distribution records and record system.
- Recalled product records.
- Recall procedures.
- Recall effectiveness procedures.
- Recall plan testing.
- Executing you Food Recall Plan:
- Assemble your team.
- Notify CFIA.
- Identify all products affected.
- Detain and isolate products.
- Prepare press release.
- Prepare distribution list.
- Prepare and distribute notice of recall.
- Verify the effectiveness of recall.
- Control of the recalled products.
- Fix the cause of the recall.
- Responding to common issues.
- Press Release template.
- Notice of Recall template.
Find Out More:
Download our "Manufacturing: Food Recall Guide" to ensure your food manufacturing company uses the best practices in managing a food recall.