Ethnic and racial diversity can be seen all across the country, and in today's global economy, multicultural workplaces are becoming the norm. Diversity, however, can pose a unique set of challenges to employers, especially when language barriers and cultural differences are at play. It's important to address these concerns and support a positive working environment for all employees.
This white paper discusses how to support diversity in the workplace by offering tips to:
- Understand that diversity exists
- Learn about different employee groups
- Research the various cultures and ethnicities in your organization to better understand each group
- Avoid generalization
- Improve the way you communicate
- Encourage acceptance
- Ensure company wide non-discriminatory policies are in place
- Understand the role of managers and supervisors
- Ensure all employees are treated equally, despite any inclusion barriers
Find Out More:
Download our "Managing a Multicultural Workplace" white paper to ensure your organization understands how to support diversity in the workplace.