Obtaining coverage specific to your mobile home is essential. In fact, a standard homeowners insurance policy will not cover your liabilities in the same way this specific policy will. There are also endorsements you can add to the mobile home policy to cater to your specific needs.
Here are some key coverage elements that are included in a mobile home insurance policy:
A mobile home insurance policy will provide coverage for your home and property such as the following:
- Mobile home
- Attached patio and/or deck
- Storage shed or garage
- Cooking appliances
- Entertainment equipment
- Personal possessions
Policies can also cover you for the following:
- Protection for improvements
- Loss of use of your mobile home
- Coverage for your actual mobile home and any adjacent structures that are on your premises:
- Covered from all forms of loss including fire, windstorm damage, damage from falling objects, lightning and explosions.
- Personal property protection:
- Covers losses for removable property such as electronic equipment, bicycles, furniture and clothing.
- Personal liability protection:
- Covers losses in the event that someone or something is injured on your property. Policy pays for medical expenses for non-residents of your home and damages or defence costs as a result of covered accidental incidents.
- Emergency removal: Moving your mobile home if an oncoming disaster (e.g., fire, tornado) threatens your home and safety. Policy pays for you to move to another location.
- Trip collision: Protection for use when moving your mobile home to another permanent location.
- Worldwide coverage: Protection for your personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged when travelling to another permanent location.
- Fire department charges: This policy provides reimbursement for charges incurred if your mobile home is located in an area that is not serviced by a fire department.
Find Out More:
Your home is one of your greatest assets and a significant long-term investment. As such, it’s vital to protect your home and its contents with adequate homeowners insurance. This list is not exhaustive and there are other coverages to take into consideration.
Download your own copy of our in-depth guide "Mobile Home Insurance Brochure" for free so you can better prepare your home and protect your assets: