Direct marketing helps farmers interact with their consumers. While this helps the farm profit it also increases liability. It is important to understand these risks and the types of coverage that can help transfer that risk.
This whitepaper discusses the following:
- Raw vs. Processed.
- Processed food is generally subjected to various provincial and federal laws that raw food isn't subjected to.
- Product quality and safety.
- General Farm Liability Insurance Policy.
- Bodily injury and property damage.
- Commercial Business Liability Insurance.
- Additional coverage for farmers who undertake various other activities such as farmers markets.
- Product Recall Insurance Policy.
- Protection from contaminated fresh produce.
- Accidental or Product Contamination Policy.
- Coverage for indirect costs of product recalls.
- Malicious Tampering Insurance.
- Coverage for criminal actions and accidental contamination.
- Risk management plan.
- Risk management practices are essential to minimize the exposure and cost of product recall.
Find Out More:
Download our “Direct Marketing and Product Liability for Farmers" white paper to learn more.